December 18, 2008

Gifting via Martha

If I could have any job in the world a gift wrapper would probably be among my top 2 or 3 choices. I L-O-V-E to wrap presents! The paper, the tape, the bows and ribbons - I am in holiday heaven! So this season I would encourage everyone out there (I've already encouraged myself) to take just a minute extra to un-rubber band your christmas gifts (yes, there are people who use rubber bands to wrap gifts, I am now related to such people) and put a personal stamp on each one. The images below are great examples of how to do just that from Ms. Martha {www.marthastewart.com}:


This one is SUPER easy - just pile a TON of premade bows on top of a plain wrapped box. I also really love this one - premade bows that were snipped to look like flower blossoms. A single color palatte can make a big statementI made my own Christmas tags this year that are very similar to the ones below. This is tissue paper that was wrapped to create a layered effect.I really like these woodgrained papers, perfect for the eco-conscious person on your list.

Merry Christmas and happy wrapping!

1 comment:

  1. Rubber bands? I'm thinking barbed wire for your gifts this year!

    ReplyDelete