October 6, 2008

Pretty bookcases

The past week the man and I have been kind of sickly so needless to say our weekend wasn't all that exciting. Plans were cancelled, sweat pants were worn, and our book shelf was organized! (Okay, so that part was exciting...) We have a really beautiful antique bookcase that we recieved from my in laws. The only thing about it is that it is large in a small way. It is about 5 feet long, 4 shelves high. Now we have a lot of books, but we don't have quite enough books for that whole 'study' look. Over the past 2 years I've played around with different arrangements and I think that I've finally found the one that is going to stick for a little while! Check it out: (Just ignore my awesome camera work)


And while we're on the subject of pretty bookcases, here is a little bookcase love:


This photo is EVERYWHERE! It has good effect, but is a little bright for me personally. Still looks like a comfy place to nap though! From Flickr user, Chotda {http://flickr.com/photos/santos/27538777/}:



I really like this from India Hicks, via Domino Magazine. Chris looked at me like I was crazy when I suggested wrapping all our books!




This is pretty fan-tab-ulous if you ask me. A secret 'stair-case' designed by Levitate Architects. {http://www.levitate.uk.com/}

No comments:

Post a Comment