November 15, 2008

Fall Party Inspirations

I came across this picture via The Knot (and thousands of other blogs, oh well) that made me wish I was able to put a barn like this is my KCMO backyard. I doubt it will happen, but I can still dream.


I'm thinking of this barn as inspiration for a warm, inviting, fall party. If I were throwing a party in this barn I'd:


use lots of glassware and stemware. Glass makes everything look more sculptural, so I'd put out tons of wine glasses and lots of wine! (Photo via Timmy Gunz/Flickr)

I'd have a long banquet table set with a floor length cream tablecloth with brown runner. The placesettings would have shimmering gold chargers...



...topped with these beautifully fall plates from Table Art {www.tableartonline.com}.
Of course there will be flowers. Perhaps some low pieces like these from Fleurs NYC{www.fleursnyc.com)... ...and some tall arrangements like these photographed by Geoff White {www.blog.geoffwhite.com} And of course TONS of candlelight! I LOVE these recycled aluminum bark candlesticks from VivaTerra {www.vivaterra.com}.
And while fantisizing about this party, I came across these other fabulous fall inspirations that would be perfect for a barn shindig:


Who wouldn't love to have barrels of wine, right? I don't like tea very much, but my man does, and how perfect is this for a fall affair?

Both of the above from Candi Coffman Photography via The Brides of Oklahoma website {www.thebridesofoklahoma.com}


Not sure of this source, but how adorable are those lanterns?!?!


Happy fall event planning!

1 comment: