March 31, 2011

Sewing SUCCESS!!!!

After our first sewing day didn't go so well Gail ended up taking some of the fabrics home and starting on the linens herself (amazing).  A few days later she returned with her sewing machine in tow to let me borrow it.  It is amazing what a difference a working machine is!  A brief lesson from Gail has turned me into a very novice, but excited seamstress!


Here I am successfully working with some scrap fabric!






To date I've nearly completed all 4 curtain panels and the crib skirt.  There is still more to do, but until the nursery gets a little further along I'm at a bit of a standstill as to how to finish off the curtains.  I also need to pick up the last bit needed for the bumper that Gail started.  Her bumper looks way better than anything I've done so far (the crib skirt looks pretty rough folks), but it's been pretty fun learning! 

Sarah was also in attendance this day, but alas someone has to take the pictures.  :) I can't wait until I can show off some of the completed projects.  It's great to have talented friends!

1 comment:



  1. I am VERY impressed! I can't sew a straight line, so all of this other stuff you are doing is just amazing to me. :)
    how to use embroidery sewing machine

    ReplyDelete