May 19, 2010

Before & After: Sitting Room

Today's before & after is one of my favorite little nooks in our house.  We call it the sitting room, but it isn't really a room at all, it really is just a nook.  You were able to see the sneak peaks of it in the pictures of the formal living room, so I figured I might as well go ahead with the full reveal. 

The sitting room was previously covered in wallpaper.  This photo reminds me of one of those Magic Eye puzzles.



And after new hardwood floors, some 'red hot' paint, & new trim here are the afters:

After we chose the red paint (and painted 4+ coats...) I debated (for years) if I liked it or not.  However once the new floors and trim were done along side the formal living room makeover I finally decided that I really love it.  To me this room feels cozy and warm. 
We begun collecting ship paintings in this room.  The bookcase is an antique that my in-laws gave us.  The chairs are Craigslist/antique store finds.  This entire room (with paint) has probably cost us under $200 (not counting the floors)
                            
This last picture is just a picture of the end of our hallway.  We picked up this night table at the antique store one day for $5.  My husband wasn't crazy about it, but I thought it was too fabulous to pass up for $5.  It found the perfect home at the end of the hallway with all of my entertaining books and an old sangria turned penny jar.

So that is the before and after of the sitting room.  Hope you enjoyed your Wednesday tour!

No comments:

Post a Comment