May 5, 2010

May Table

I'm suddenly finding myself with the month off.  Hopefully some inspired posting will commence very soon.  In the meantime here is a tabletop to share!

I whipped this together the other day using a very basic green color palette.  I can't say that I think it's anything spectacular, but I think it is a nice, fairly plain tablesetting for the season.  The day that I put this together it was rainy, so I was inspired to use brown as the accent.  I was also very pleased because I made the table runner!  I purchased the table runner fabric in the form of a smallish tablecloth from a garage sale 2 summers ago.  I'd always liked it but it was far to small to use on any of my tables.  I didn't have a runner to use and I had some no sew tape sitting around so 10 minutes later I had a new table runner.  I have to say I'm very ahppy with it!


I've got a new table top idea forming in my head.  The pieces are coming together but aren't quite there yet!  Stay tuned to see how it turns out!

(I am also very excited because I picked up a bottle of Mrs. Meyers cleaner tonight.  I've been eyeing it for a while and I'm excited to try it out myself.  [WOW - how is it possible that I am this old blogging about cleaning products....]  Since I'm going to be off the entire month of May my main goal is to get this house CLEAN!  Once I try this out I'll let you know what I think!)

No comments:

Post a Comment