February 15, 2015

Creatively stumped

Lately I have been feeling the need to be creative.  And I have been, kind of.  I've certainly made a lot of stuff but I have been feeling the need to PUSH into something new.  I don't know if I need to dig into a medium already am familiar with or begin something new.  I basically just feel like I want to do something...I just don't know what.  I have a million excuses.  Time, kids, space, and honestly those all are valid reasons, but they are still excuses.  One thing I know for sure, I need to let go a lot more and not worry so much about things being perfect.  I know that God gave me the gift of creativity for a reason and I need to be more free with accepting the things that I see as imperfect because that is a disservice to the gift I've been given.  I may not paint like like a master but that doesn't mean that I shouldn't paint with what the Master has given me.  I may not have the most original ideas or execute everything flawlessly but that doesn't mean I shouldn't enjoy the things I do create and and the ideas I do have.

So that's where I am right now.  I never have dug back into this blog (or the other one) but that's ok.  Maybe this space is just a nook for me to come to and spew thoughts as a I need them without everyone else's voice to talk me out of things.

Now I think I am going to take advantage of nap time and go DO SOMETHING.

No comments:

Post a Comment