March 23, 2016

New House 'Befores'

I've been in the 'new' house for almost 4 months now and I feel like I can finally say that I'm ok with it.  Apparently I don't do change well.  It took me almost 3 months to get to the 'ok' point but once I got there things started clicking for me.  In the beginning every time I looked around all I could see was a roadblock, and it seemed like every time I meagerly attempted a project something came up that stopped me.  But now I am feeling inspired and ready to start tackling some things around here.  The only question is to decide where to begin!

Since I never really showed off this house today I'm going to show off all of our 'before' pictures.  As a little bit of background our house was built in the late 70's as the model home to our neighborhood.  (Side note: I'm LOVING our new neighborhood!  It's small, friendly, and walkable!)  Lots of people have said that the house doesn't look like my style - and I admit that I was very afraid of that (I still kind of am) but I have always like this style, I just never had a reason to explore it before - now I do.  The house was occupied by a family whose patriarch was a self-employed graphic artist for 30+ years, which just makes me feel like this house has good vibes.  I'm pretty sure that the majority of the house has not been updated since it was built (except for a few things here and there, certainly no over-hauls) so we will have lots of room to put our own stamp on this space in the future.






















These are the listing photos so they show all of the previous owners furnishings and decor.  There are a lot of things I am itching to change but I'm not going to knock their choices, they were perfect for them.  Now it's time to set about making this place our house! It's hard for me to not interject a paragraph in between each photo with everything that is on the to-do list, but those things will come over time.  I will say tho that that family room has already gotten some changes (it's amazing what a coat of paint and carpet will do to a space!).  I think I've come up with a loose-whole house plan that is going to work and I'm excited to see some of those things happen in the near future.

Have you moved homes?  What did you this was the most challenging part?



















No comments:

Post a Comment