May 15, 2010

Before & After: the Entertainment Room {Man Cave}

The curly haired guy that I'm married to has a slight obsession with movie watching.  I call him a film snob (because he is).  Because of this when we were house shopping one of his 'must have's' was a move room.  Our house has kind of a strange set up with a lot of 'bonus' areas, and thus the Entertainment Room was born. 

When we moved in the 'den' was pretty basic, except that it had a faux brick wall.  Imagine panelling that looked like bricks.  Here are the before pictures:
The lace curtain came down on Day 2 in the new house and the wall came down about 6 months later...and here's what that looked like (we thought it would be simple to just pull down the panelling and paint the drywall underneath....except there wasn't drywall, it was old crumbling plaster...):

And here's the final product:


Ironically this room has been the easiest for us to decorate - men don't really want to change stuff around once they like it!  Overall I really love this room, it fits the things that he wanted it for and it's not embarassing to me, so it works for us!.  It is perfect for movie watching (and fully equipped with a big TV and surround sound).  I would like to switch out the light fixture (and get rid of the box from under the coffee table...) but it's not on the top of my priority list since it doesn't bother him at all. 

1 comment:

  1. I remember the night I came home and you guys were a few hours into ripping out that wall...oh my was it funny! The room (& house) have come such a long way!

    ReplyDelete