January 18, 2016

Huffington Post Feature

Last December in the midst of our move I clicked over here to the blog to try and write a post when I noticed that I had a lot of page views coming in from a Huffington Post link.  I thought it was weird so I clicked on the link and was very surprised to find that our play kitchen make over had been picked up (likely via Pinterest) on one of their features in the Parents section.  (Click here for the feature.)  Apparently the original article ran in June of 2015.  I've never had any of my work featured (on this blog or through Creative Event Studio) without being notified...it felt kind of weird and really gave me a check about how small the internet really is.

The feature is a slideshow compilation of various plastic play toy make overs.  (Why are toys made to be so ugly?)  Of course it's incredibly flattering (and very exciting) that our project was chosen out of all the stuff that's out there (especially considering the indoor, unstaged/styled photos) and if you'd like to take a look at feature click on the image below to see all of the different projects.  Our kitchen is number 13.  To see the original post about our process and before/afters click here.



Has something like this ever happened to you?  If so did you have mixed feelings too, or is that just me?

2 comments: