February 22, 2011

Nursery Planning II

Just popping in today to share two things about the nursery. 

1)  I bought the fabrics for the nursery.  I've decided to take on the crib bedding myself (with some help of course!).  As I shared in the previous nursery post I am going to be using grey, aqua, and green for the room.  Here are the fabrics I've purchased:


The grey/green fabric will be used for the crib bumper and the aqua will be used for the skirt and the inside of the bumper.  I plan on adding aqua ties to the grey bumper (which hopefully will also have a white trim).  The aqua skirt will have a green ribbon or ric rac trim.  Depending on how the bedding goes I may consider making curtains as well.  But we'll see :)  Here are some links to bedding patterns that I've found online 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7.

2)  Over the weekend my baby sister and I started this project and then I finished it after she left.  Since you get so many baby clothes in the beginning (of all different sizes) I decided to make some size dividers to hang in the closet.  They turned out just adorable (if I say so myself!).  Check them out:

This project costs less than $10 and 2 hours to complete (including drying time).  We painted the top with a silver acrylic paint then glued the green paper on the bottom with rubber cement.  The ribbons are simply tied around the hangers and the numbers are just scrapbooking stickers.  I already had the paint, but I purchased the hangers (47 cents each), ribbon ($1/roll), paper (50 cents for 3 sheets) and the number stickers ($3).  I plan on painting the inside of the closet aqua - I think this will be a very cute addition!

1 comment: