April 14, 2015

Rustic Glam Baby Shower!

I'm in today with the final photos of the baby shower I co-hosted for my sister-in-law.  You can see the invitations here and the inspiration board here. The starting point for this shower was 'rustic glam' but honestly by the time we finished setting up I'd say it was more of a 'pink+gold+mint"' recipe, and you know what?  That's ok - it turned out very cute!

I know I've mentioned that I live in an older home.  One of the things you get in an older home are lots of little rooms - no open floor plan here!  So we set up the main shower area in the formal living room and the food in the dining room.  







We debated about taking down the wreaths on the doors but felt that it looked too empty when we did, and they tied into the shower so they stayed.  The ribbon banner was a DIY (seriously SO easy).  The pink mason jar drink favors were from Micheal's (2.99 each) and we used a heart punch on glitter paper to dress them up.  I created all of the printables for the shower games using the same Craftberry Bush design as the invitations.  The custom name glitter cake topper is from my friend Jeanette's Etsy shop, Sprinkle the Kindness.



I printed these calendars out and had our family write their name on the date they think the baby will arrive!  Printable calendars from Coco & Mingo.
I just love hosting these little celebrations and love it even more when it is simply the backdrop for genuine relationship with others.  Overall the shower was just the most wonderful afternoon spent with our family.  Which in my book counts it as a win. 

BONUS!  Since I already had the shower games designed I figured I'd post it here as a free printable for anyone else hosting a similar baby shower!  Click here to print the PDF!  The PDF includes cards for Wishes, Advise, and the Price is Right game.  Also included are the questions asked for 'He Said, She Said'.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment