January 8, 2016

We are moved!

Well I missed blogging over Thanksgiving & Christmas because we moved.  My excuse for everything over the last month and a half has been the move - it's getting lame even for me - but seriously folks, moving is a lot of work.  We've been in the new house just over a month.  We set up our Christmas tree on the first night (so thankful we did that) but the entire month was a BLUR.  We had lots of help with unpacking and getting everything straight (you know who you are, THANK YOU).  So we didn't have to live surrounded by boxes for super long (it felt like forever though).  We just kept reminding ourselves that we had been here 1/2/3/etc weeks.  Now that it's been a month (officially on the 4th) it feels like we really can't say that anymore though!

So as a 'close' on our last house (ha, pun) I thought I'd share the listing photos from when we sold.  I did not take them (the realty team we used have a specialty real estate photographer).  Also as a precursor to viewing, this is the house stripped down.  We cleaned and decluttered and touched up like mad men in preparation for these photos.  Also our outdated kitchen NEVER looked that good in real life, haha.

Exterior Front:


Exterior Back:


Formal Living Room (read more here)
 



Sitting Room (read more here):

Family Room  (read more here):


Sunroom (read more here and here):

 Dining Room:

Kitchen:



Second Bathroom:

Master Bedroom:


Master Bathroom:

Entertainment Room (read more here):

 Second Bedroom (see more here and here):

Third Bedroom (see more here):


Basement (see more here):


It's weird looking at these after not being there for a month.  It still feels like our house.  I cringe at some of the things that I never got to finish (I never felt like I got it right with the family room decor and that kitchen...oh that kitchen) and then other things make me want to dig into our new house and make it more 'us'.  I also realize that there were several spaces that I never blogged about (how did I not do a post about the dining room?  Weird.).  So if I find myself around this space a little more maybe I'll revisit some of them if I have the photos.  

In closing I just want to give a shout out to our realtors, Joy & Donny Engle from The Engle Home Team here in Kansas City.  They are, without a doubt, the absolute best.  I'm not saying that because they give me warm fuzzies or anything, I'm saying that because they are ON IT.  We got great communication and helpful negotiation.  And sometimes we had to hear things we didn't want to hear (like that we should pass on a bad house even though we LOVE LOVE LOVED the area so much we were delusional to think of making it work).  So if you are in KC (MO or KS) do yourself a favor and check them out!


No comments:

Post a Comment